Friday, February 8, 2008

Collages from Beijing!

Months have passed since my last post. My bad! It was such a drag to post up pictures, due to the slow bandwith here in Malaysia, and also, due to my blurness. Let me elaborate on the latter. Despite being a student who has a partial-degree in Multimedia, Einstein here did NOT changed the resolution/size of the photos, which resulted in LONNNGGGG upload times. Was reminded of it by Ron (thanks dear!). Also, Genuis me (who have read articles of the online applications that Google offers - wordprocessing and the like), DID NOT even think of trying out their software for her own use. One fine day, I managed to download Picasa and taught myself how to use it to edit my photos, and create COLLAGES. Gosh, Collages are the greatest thing invented after sliced bread, I tell ya! You can just shove several pictures one collage!! Ok, enough ranting, here are some collages of pictures of me, the monuments, and sceneries, from Beijing!! Some of the pics were already included in previous posts, but there are some that weren't.

One thing that will stick to me forever - the massive size of the Forbidden City and my introduction to the numerous stairs that Chinese mouments have...!

Posted by Picasa
Nanjing Bridge and some other monuments

HPAIR people!! Can't believe it has been so long since we met. The conference was one of the best things ever to happen to me. Self-paid for (don't your just looove the research funding system here?), and worth every cent!. It, and my beloved who supported me all the way, made me reevaluate my career and question whether I have fulfilled my potential...

Peiking Duck - which I had alot of during my sojourn in Beijing, and which I had not found a match (yet) in Malaysia!


More pictures of monuments of all sorts.

As the world awaits the arrival of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, I guess I can say that I have been THERE! It should be an interesting event of sorts - Japan and South Korea were the other two Asian nations who have hosted the Olympics. An honour, dontcha think?

No comments: